Instructions for authors
The editorial office accepts manuscripts in Polish and/or English (UK English).
Types and volume of manuscripts
- original manuscript (max. 12 pages, 15 pages with references, tables and figures)
- manuscript supported with research examples (max. 20 pages with references, tables and figures)
- casuistic manuscript (max. 6 pages including references)
Other manuscripts should not exceed 2 pages.
- letters to the Editor
- under-/postgraduate education or lifelong learning (CME) – including
- educational programmes, special papers for teaching purposes (e.g. educational programmes)
- abstracts of foreign journals, reports from conferences and scientific congresses, meetings of medical societies, thematic trainings, internships
- book/literature reviews
- sponsored papers
Original manuscripts have priority in print.
Submitted manuscripts must meet the standards and requirements set by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (see Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals [editorial]. N Engl J Med 1997; 336:309-915; an updated version of October 2004 is available on the Web – http://www.icmje.org/icmje.pdf). There are also rules of Good Editorial Practice (“Consensus Statement on Good Editorial Practice 2004”) formulated by the Index Copernicus International Scientific Committee.